Thursday, August 8, 2013

Fall = Football & IT'S HERE!!!

Okay 2 sports posts in a row - I know but come on my favorite time of the year is here finally - Football Season!! August to me means 1 thing - football is back THANK YOU GOD!

First and for most I LOVE college ball and it's definitely my favorite but I love the NFL too. A few points you have to know about me first:
  1. I grew up a Tennessee Volunteers and Titan's fan living just outside Nashville, Tennessee.
  2. I became an Aggie fan when I went to school & swam for Texas A&M and will always bleed maroon till the day I die!
    • I still cheer for my Vols but my Aggies come 1st now!
  3. I also recently became a Green Bay Packers fan too because my hubby is a die-heart Packers fan and we made a deal on how to raise our future kids one day as sports fans:
    • NCAA - Texas A&M Aggies
      • I had to give up my Volunteers and he had to give up his Gators (almost didn't want to meet him because of this 1 fact!)
    • NFL - Green Bay Packers
      • I had to give up my Titans
    • NBA - Milwaukee Bucks
      • I didn't have a team so he won this one
    • MLB - Milwaukee Brewers
      • I didn't have a team and my husband is a die-heart fan here too
    • Him getting the majority was the ONLY way my Aggies would be the NCAA team - giving up his Gators in terms of pushing on the kids was  HUGE ticket item! 
    Okay now that you have my background of teams - it's official, FOOTBALL IS BACK! This past Sunday was the 1st NFL preseason game with the Cowboys defeating the Dolphins and this weekend the NFL really kicks off it's preseason starting TODAY with my Titans hosting the Reskins (shh don't tell John!). Thank you God there will be football on my TV again all weekend long starting tonight!

    You know what is great too about football being back on TV - the social events around it too! Having friends over, going to their place, meeting people at sports bars, etc! I LOVE this time of year and I know most people do too. I can't wait for football to really swing back into gear!

    Is there anything you love about football being back? Leave it below or Email It To Me!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment