Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Grilled Zucchini, Herbs & Feta Salad

I'm honestly not even sure where I picked this recipe up but it was a long time. It has become one of my favorites, especially during the summer. It's easy, yummy and typically I have all the ingredients for it. What's there not to love?!

It's also a great crowd pleaser when you have guests over - honestly it almost as simple as just grilling zucchini on the grill and throwing a hunk of it on their plates. It makes you look like you put a lot of thought into the meal and that you really know your stuff. We all love that!

Next time you grill out trust me try this as one of your sides!


Total Time:
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: Approximately 8-10 minutes
Total Time: 15 minute max

Feeds: Figure 1/2 a zucchini per person as a rule of thumb.

Ingredients:
*** NOTE: The best part about this recipe is there is no measuring! It's all about preference.
- Sliced in half longways zucchinis (1/2 per person at least)
- Crumbed Feta Cheese (I prefer the fat-free for this recipe and I like a lot of cheese)
- Dried Oregano
- Fresh Chopped Parsley 
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil

Directions:
1.) Slice the zucchini longways in half. drizzle some olive oil or spray some cooking spray on the flesh. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.

2.) Grill the zucchini. Start with the flash side down first for approximately 4-5 minutes (depends on size of zucchinis). Flip over and finish cooking on skin side down. 

3.) While the zucchini is cooking mix the feta cheese, oregano and pepper in a bowl. 

4.) Pull the zucchini off the grill.


5.) Slice the zucchini into bite size pieces and add to the cheese mixture. Add in the fresh parsley and drizzle with olive oil. 
***TIP: Great tip on chopping parsley from one of my previous recipes Click Here


6.) Mix it all together and serve! 


I went a tad heavy on the cheese this particular time but hey who doesn't love cheese?! I have also done this with basil instead of parsley or thyme instead of oregano too! It's soo easy and adaptable, it's a great recipe to have in your back-pocket to impress! ENJOY :) 

Cost Breakdown:
$2.59 - Zucchini
$0.00 - Olive Oil 
$0.00 - Dried Oregano
$0.00 - Salt & Pepper 
$0.20 - Fresh Parsley (guess of what I tore off the bunch) 
$0.50 - 1/4 of the Feta container roughly
$3.29 - TOTAL ($0.82 per person - granted this was more like 2-3 people for me and my husband because we love it!)

Remember if you have any questions or comments - leave them below or EMAIL IT TO ME! 



No comments:

Post a Comment