Monday, August 12, 2013

Won NFL Season Tickets off Radio Station!

I have NEVER won anything in my life and this past Friday I received a phone call from a local radio station - 95.1 WAPE Jacksonville's #1 Hit Music Station  - an employee from promotion was on the other end and told me that the season tickets I had registered for online I WON!!!

Okay so they were nose bleed tickets to the Jacksonville Jaguars, definitely not my or our favorite team BUT they are FREE NFL season tickets that get us inside the stadium and we've discussed I love football and so does my husband so we couldn't be happier!

THERE'S A LESSON HERE - register for events on radio stations!

My sister has won probably 6 different pairs of concert tickets over the last year and the 1st time I register I win season tickets! Hello and Thank You!

When I called my husband to tell him the good news the 1st words out of his mouth are "Do they come with parking tickets?" LOL! He was excited though.

Friday Night - We went and saw our dads' favorite team the Miami Dolphins (yes they both grew-up and love the Dolphins) play the Jacksonville Jaguars. A great plus is one of my really awesome friends in Jacksonville that I don't get to see too often has season tickets too and we can tailgate with them now! YAY!

We also got a free $10 voucher towards the concession stands for each game in the ticket's packet I won. Yes that get us about 3/4 of a beer BUT hey it's $10 in our pockets that we didn't have before! We actually decided to use it towards dinner on Friday and got Sonny's BBQ pork sandwiches for $8 each, a bag of chips for $2 and then a really nice guy in front of us in line gave us 2 free coke vouchers so dinner was $8! That plus $10 parking - talk about a cheap Friday night at an NFL game = $18.00 total!!! Whoop!


Like I said - definite nose-bleed seats but honestly it wasn't that bad. You could still see pretty well and it was a gorgeous evening too so it was nice to experience that too. We ended up going down and sitting with my friend because there was a bunch of open seats and they were on the 200 deck and we were on the 400, but honestly they are right by the stairs at the bottom and anytime anyone got up and were walking down the steps they got in your way - so it's a toss up on which seats are better! lol!

As I stated last week on Thursday - I am a Titan's fan and my husband is a Green Bay Packers fan which I'm converting to too - (Click Here to find out which teams we are fans of!). However, we decided that if we were going to go to he Jags game all season we would at least cheer for our hometown team (however, the Titan's game I will be decked out in my Tennessee colors and screaming for them!) Notice I didn't say we would be a fan but instead cheer for the team. Therefore, I stopped by Dicks Sporting Goods on the way home from picking up the tickets with intentions to buy us t-shirts, but they had last year's jerseys on sale for 75% off and cheaper than t-shirts - okay we got jerseys - I'm all about a good deal and sale! At least we looked all official. :)


Definitely looking forward to football even more this season!!! 

Remember if you have any questions/comments leave them below or EMAIL IT TO ME!



No comments:

Post a Comment