Saturday, July 13, 2013

Moving In Challenges

Moving - oh Lordy the hair on the back of my neck is starting to stand up just by saying the word and I know that I'm not the only one. I think most people probably share my feelings on moving - not fun at all.

Boxing up you lives into packages, having to take everything apart and loading up U-hauls and cars is definitely NOT what I would consider fun. Plus, OMG we/ I have a lot of crap!! It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate in 10 months.

Thankfully my "new" family is amazing and made moving day a family affair. My mother, father, sister and brother in law all pitched in. Even my brother-in-law's girlfriend helped out on a Saturday morning.






Then the worst and best part happens - putting your new place together. I hate unpacking so this definitely is a challenge, BUT the fun part is finding new ways for your things to fit into your house.

What I've come to find over the what feels like 100 moves in the past 5 years is organizing from the beginning, taking the time to make sure everything has a spot is worth it because the alternative is clutter all the time. (What my house is partially right now.)

It's been 2 weeks since we moved in. Things are still a mess and its starting to drive me a bit bonkers. However, we've been working very hard on restoring and making over some furniture that hold a lot of things. Plus I got sick and that put a hold on things. Lets face it my husband shouldn't be allowed to paint so that falls on me. He did help out on a coat of primer because you can't screw that up too bad. :) Sickness has definitely all projects behind.

I can't wait to share our home projects with you guys. Restoring/ making over an old department store display cabinet into a bar, giving some cheap ugly tall shelving units a fun new finish, organizing storage closets, adding shelving to clothing closets, oh and having a real dining room for the first time.

Moving in definitely has its challenges. However what I'm trying hard to do is look at it as a fun project instead of a daunting task. So far it's working, but I wish it was going faster than it is.

Here's to a great week of planning and organizing for a great house!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment