Thursday, July 11, 2013

Our 1st DIY Furniture Makeover Part 1

My husband and I moved into our own place at the end of June 2013 from my in-laws 2nd home and living with my brother-in-law. Can I tell you how amazing it is to be able to walk around in a towel, hell naked and it doesn't matter?! You know you do too in your own home - don't kid yourself. BUT if you haven't you must; talk about freedom! 

We own the essential furniture but when we moved we realized we took a few things we had at the old place for granted - example: a bar. I know, I know not an essential piece BUT something we enjoyed before and instantly missed. 

We enjoy our alcohol what can I say! :)

After our wedding we had a lot of alcohol left over (trust me not from a lack of drinking - we just have NO idea how to judge how much booze is needed for a party but damn we know how to make sure the glass is never empty! 

Also we received a wine cooler, the rabbit wine opener set, and lots of great Mikasa glassware as wedding gifts. We instantly thought where are we going to store all these things?

We talked about getting a piece of furniture from goodwill/ thrift store and fixing it up. We told my mother-in-law about this and she offered us what we used as the TV stand at their house and what originally was a display case in a department store at least 50 years ago or more! Yes and thank you! 

See below for the original piece. 

This begins our 1st DIY furniture makeover! 

Part 1 complete - Stayed tune for the steps and big reveal hopefully next week! 

                              



No comments:

Post a Comment