Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Found a GREAT fitness app - Gymboss

I found this great fitness app I just had to share!

From my last post you saw that my husband and I are joining forces to accomplish 2 common goals - lose weight and become healthier - YAY! We finally got out there last Friday and decided to start with a minute run and 30 second walk.  This is where the problem began and a wonderful solution was found.

I am in love with the Nike+ app when I run - seriously I am addicted but it's soo good so I see no problem with being addicted to an app. lol However it doesn't let you do intervals like I wanted it to do at this particular moment - only downfall of the Nike+ app that I have found thus far in over a year of using it.

Since we were all "suited-up" and ready to head out the door I did a very quick search in the app store for an interval training app and came across the Gymboss 2 Interval Trainer app. I quickly downloaded it and saw pre-set exercises but was able to set-up my own intervals.

The best part - I could run both my Nike+ app that I love and this new app Gymboss at the same time!

With Gymboss you can set multiple intervals for a workout. For example I am using 1 minute run and 30 seconds walk. I can name the intervals, assign it a color that appears on the whole screen when on that interval and also assign a noise (ding, buzzer, bells, etc). It's great!

Seriously this is a GREAT app! I know I have just begun using it so I am still figuring it all out, but thus far for a simple, user friendly interval training app I highly recommend!



Remember if you have any questions or comments leave them below or EMAIL IT TO ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment