Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Remembering with an Untold Tale from 9/11

This morning when I woke up I couldn't believe the tragedies of 9/11 were 12 yeas ago! I know I am 1 of just about every American who was old enough to remember this that can tell you exactly where I was, what I was during and basically replay that entire day back in my head like it happened yesterday. Definitely our generation's Pearl Harbor and I hate saying that. I hope I never have to see another tragedy like this one again in my life time.

What came out from that horrible day was stories or courage, bravery, heroism, and just the American spirit of doing whatever they can for the person next to them!

I work in the maritime industry and last year my company played this video that I had never seen nor heard about - the boatlifts that helped evacuate half a million people from Manhattan. How had I never heard of this amazing story?! I remember being brought to tears, both sad because of the tragedy, but also moving and joyful tears to see how the American spirit shined so brightly that day. 

This morning an industry publication I get both in mail and email versions sent out the video: BOATLIFT - An untold Tale of 9/11 Resilience, the video I had seen a year ago for the 1st time. 

I knew the moment I saw it again that this would be my post today. I had to share this with as many people as I could, because now 12 years later there are so many people that have never heard this story.

Please take 12 minutes of your life to watch this amazing untold story of the American Spirit at it's best!

No comments:

Post a Comment